Tuesday 6 December 2016

Color - That Is The Question

Bright or not? Bright colors it is :-)
I can use so much time finding the right colors for a project. In fact I have spent days to match colors, finding them in my stash or online. 

To me, the right colors makes my project as I want. If I want bright colors, which I normally do, pale colors will not do.

The chosen ones - finull in pink, red and green.
I wanted to knit a green scarf with pink and red pattern. And I wanted to find a fresh take on my design Dot The I .

Well, I tried to find my supersoft yarn in those colors. They look good - but not at all as bright as I wanted them. I found them in Finull.

Not that green color I actually wanted but this will make a really bright scarf.

I miss a good yellow green color in proper wool that is not pale.

Been searching for a long time but never found it. But this will do just fine.

I can get the yarn in my local yarn store and get a move on the project.

Nothing is more frustrating than wanting to start knitting at once and have to wait for yarn in the post that in the end turns out to be a wrong color after all...

The scarf will be half with dots and half with stripes. I already love it. What a great project this time of year.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to 
make you somthing else is the greatest accomplishment
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Stitch Story
Needles: 2.5mm
Yarn: Rauma Finull
Pattern: Dot The I
My Ravelry Page: Color Me Happy


4 comments:

  1. Hvor jeg nyder dit farvesprælleri! Jeg er altså slet ikke modig... Så jeg nyder at se dine sjaler og tørklæder,
    Rigtig god strikkefornøjelse... man kan kun blive glad i hatten at de farver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tusind tak Anne - det er da godt med lidt glæde i hatten :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sikke fantastiske farver sammen, de kan da virkelig lyse op i denne mørke årstid

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be so beautiful Lone!!! Wow, I love the colours and the design! So much fun!! You are amazing!!
    Thank you always for your kind and meaningful comments on my blog!
    Big Hugs and Thank you for being you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!