Tuesday 8 August 2017

Two Of A Kind


When I saw the pattern for the scarf Mondsee I did some stash diving. The best thing about that kind of diving is that I do not need a snorkel.

Although, there should be a kind of snorkel for stash diving - after all there are a very long way down to the bottom of it... LOL!!

Well, I started the first scarf with a thin yarn in red. I finished the scarf but the colors were not that bright to my taste.

And I wanted a brighter one with a bit thicker yarn. The first one is knitted in Holst supersoft and the orange one is knitted from yarn I bought in Riga and Finull for the colors.

And I really love that orange one. Often I knit in small needles for this kind of yarn, and for this one I would prefer 2mm needles.

But I tried 2.75mm and the drape is so fantastic. More smooth and soft and the yarn feels so nice. It is not that even knitted but washing do tricks with wool. Always makes the colors shine more and make it more even.

I added a little more length to the orange one with extra color sections. My scarves have to be wrappable. I loved knitting these scarves. The short rows are just enough to keep me from sleeping and the stokinette is always a satisfying way to knit.

If you want to knit your own you can find the pattern on Ravelry here. You can also see all the other different takes on colors for it - how much color do to a garment. Here is my red one - you can surely see the difference from the two.

Strength lies in differences - not in similarities
Stephen Covey





9 comments:

  1. Love the colours ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lone, great to see you my friend! You made me laugh! LOL! Snorkel for stash diving! LOL! I love your scarf! Wow!! It truly is amazing! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deilig... takk for Link. Ingenting så god som deg :-))) Herlige farger du har valgt. God helg. Hilsener og klem fra Viol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hvor ER det bare flot ! og sikke farver !
    Begge er smukke - men min favorit er også den orange. Det er sådan en skøn farve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusind tak :-) Ja, den orange kunne jeg strikke alt i.... :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!