Monday 16 October 2017

Sweet Sixteen


It happen to be a long time ago that I was 16. Where did all those years go? Ok, this should not be about those days but about knitting. LOL!

There is one shawl I have knitted now 16 times. And I have in fact started on the 17th...

I love these shawls. And I am always amazed by how the stitches comes out.

I knit this with a cable where I use a needle in 3.5mm and a needle on 9mm. And simply knit in rib stitch.

How did anyone ever come up with such a clever idea?

Turquoise is my favorite color. So in order to go for another one of these shawls I had to convince myself that I needed one.

And strangely, it really just took some seconds.

Of to the yarn store for more yarn - and here it is with the usual swarovski beads and tassels. I just love it.

The fabric is so light and nice to wear. And the color - just magic.

Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. 
Don´t save it for a special occasion. Today is special
Regina Brett

The Stitch Story
Yarn: Rauma Finull
Needles: Cable with 3.5mm and 9mm
Assessories: Swarovski beads and tassels
My Ravelry Page: Number Sixteen
Pattern: Geshickt Gestrickt

12 comments:

  1. Det er fantastisk den struktur det kan give, når man skifter mellem en stor og mindre pind - jeg har gjort det med snoningstrøjer i mohair og det bliver simpelthen så lækkert :-) Fuldstændigt forrygende flot og lækkert sjal i verdens smukkeste farve :-) Kan sagtens forstå, du var nødt til at strikke det :-) På sådan en særlig hverdag :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusind tak Lene. Har ikke tænkt på at overføre teknikken til snoninger- det lyder jo helt fantastisk!! Ha en god uge der du er :-)

      Delete
  2. En farge - sjelden å se her med deg :-))
    Hvilk fantastisk ide tynn og tykk strikkepinne. Deilig resultaten. Herlig struktur.
    Og nydelig med perler og pompong. Jeg elsker fargen.
    Hilsen fra Viola. Vi har sååå deilig været... bare ute... så ofte som mulig.
    Kos deg. Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk Viola - jeg er veldig glad i turkis!! God helg med klem fra meg :-)

      Delete
  3. I agree Magic!!! Love this colour! Love this shawl!!! (I would love to go shoe shopping with you! LOL!) Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stacy!! Oh, that would have been so much fun to go shoe shopping with you!!!! Hugs back to you :-)

      Delete
  4. Discovered your blog by chance. Nice messages, beautiful scarves! I will continue to follow you to gain inspiration and enjoy your beautiful creations.

    Dear greetings, Tinne
    (please feel free to check out my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - endnu et smukt sjal - og i en totalt flot turkis farve, der klæder dig super godt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!