I knitted it three centimeter longer. And this time I only used stash yarn - yes, really. I knitted three button holes - not even knowing how my buttons would turn out. I fitted them for the holes.
The buttons are made of polymer clay. I rolled out a sheet of orange on my pasta machine and added pieces of the other colors.
The button shapes are cut with a cookie cutter and then textured with various tools. After baking, I added white acrylic paint and wiped off the excess.
tutorial, but must admit that I have no skills in drawing so this went on to be abstract. Anyway, I added the word knit to one button..
I happen to like the buttons. To me, they make the cowl a bit more fun and colorful. Since the summer has decided to go on strike here - I may have to use this to stay warm. Sigh!!