Monday 27 September 2010

Take A Look At My Fish

Yes. It´s done. I finally finished my wollen sweater with the fish shoal. Not that it was a difficult pattern. But it took a lot of time counting and counting stitches to make the fishes swim along in harmony.

I can´t say how happy I am now. To put this on for the first time - well, that´s even better than chocolate. Hm, let me think a little about that...

This project started when I discovered the pattern from the danish designer Hanne Thorsen. It´s actually a childrens pattern. I´m never growing up...

I found some of my old patterns to make the stitches and everything else right with these fishes.

It´s knitted with norwegian yarn of wool (Pt2 and Rauma) and it´s just lovely to wear.

So now I don´t need to find Nemo. His right there - can you see him?

Creating is mostly about a finished project. But to me it´s in the end all about the way to it. All the thinking, working and playing.


And to finally realize that I can - just exactly whatever I want to do.

This took a lot of time - but it was worth it. Stitch by stitch. Or step by step.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step
Lao Tzu

10 comments:

  1. What a fun sweater, Lone! I love the shade of blue that you used! It is a wonderful sense of accomplishment to finish a project like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much - that means a lot comming from a professional knitter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--Thats Gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome sweater. I bet it looks great on too!!
    I Love the Lao Tzu quote.
    He is the best!!
    Love and hugs Lone.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lori!!!!

    Thank you Marie - it does... Have a lovely week with a big hug and love from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow but that looks so complicated! I'm incredibly in awe of your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lori, what a lovely comment - I would say holy fish. LOL!!! It´s not that complicated it only takes a lot of time and concentration....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!