Thursday 15 July 2010

Beads For The Summer


When I discovered Donna Katos tutorial for these beads I was in heaven. I´ve been making them ever since. I love to make the skinner blends, the canes and the beads.

There´s something magical about putting the beads together in a bracelet. And see all the colors working together. That makes the summer last the whole year.  

The word bead actually means "prayer". I read in a book that it´s an old egyptian word. And beads have meant so much to people all over the world for centuries. 

They were used for trading, showing a cultural affiliation, welth and just for dressing up. Beads were not something without meaning.


Every bead I make have a meaning to me. The colors, the form and the feeling of it. Despite that maybe no one else see it.

But in everything made from your self there´s a litte bit of you in it. And that will shine all the way to everyone else. Just like a smile on a cloudy day.

So it does not have to be perfect. It has to be a part of you. And then it will be perfect. Strange, isn´t it?

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!