Monday 28 May 2012

My Eyes Nearly Popped Out

It is no secret that I love knitting books. And that a lot of them are very inspiring and fun to read and full of tips and techniques that have helped me be a better knitter.

Recently I came across the book Pop Knitting and I must say that my eyes were about to pop out. I got so inspired, and it was such an eye candy, that I wanted to share it with you.

And let´s be clear: I did not get money or were asked to write this post. I bought the book - and simply loved it.

Britt-Marie Christoffersson is a swedish textile designer who started designing with her needles 1986.


And now she shares her intriguing patterns that simply uses known stitches to create so much fun ideas for what ever garment you want.

The book is a huge inspiration and the only thing I would like to be better is the explanations. It is sometimes hard to find out if you can knit in the round or have to knit back and forth.

But for an adventures knitter this is excellent with its texture, color and motif knitting.

There are projects for both the beginner and the advanced knitter. There are holes, squares and colors that makes the knitting pop. I have all sorts of projects rumbling around in my head right now. There are so many ideas that I have never seen before.

The book is in english and norwegians can find it here: Capris. For international readers you can find it here: Amazon. A treat for your self, or something to wish for if you love knitting and need some nice inspiration.


14 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely book! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spennende. Alltid gøy å lære nye teknikker og få ny inspirasjon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, ikke sant?? Men hvor blir det av all tiden man skal strikke i???

      Delete
  3. Sånne bøker er ren inspirasjon og glede! har min andel med strikkebøker som Jeg sitter og blar i dem og bare nyter bildene og inspirasjonen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg vet Helle - det er bedre enn godteri. Eller nesten... He he

      Delete
  4. it has been added to my wish list on Amazon. Like I need another reason to collect more yarn thanks Lone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathi - one can never get too much yarn or knitting books....

      Delete
  5. This looks truly amazing and fun! I wonder how hard it will be to make these creations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy - I don´t think it will be too hard. Just a new way of thinking and doing...

      Delete
  6. Looks like candy to me! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow look forward to seeing what you knit next! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cara - I hope I will get around to try it out!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!