Sunday 8 April 2012

With A Little Secret

Inside a chrysalis a little miracle occurs when the caterpillar transforms into a butterfly. Inside this polymer clay pendant there is a written secret that forever will be hidden from the world.

It is sealed within the chrysalis and I really love the idea wearing a prayer, an appreciation, a wish or a hope for something. I imagine that it will spread it´s wings and fly off to come true.

The chrysalis is made from a tutorial by the artist Lori Wilkes  published in the magazine Belle Armoire Jewelry.

I love her idea of the metamorphosis and the stages the caterpillar goes through to become truly beautiful and able to fly.

I made a few of these pendants earlier and you can see them here. This one has the word create on it.

I honor the ability to create and express myself through what I make. To me it is a gift.

I applied some slices of an old cane on it. The colors are made using a skinner blend and the chrysalis is textured and painted after baking.

I happen to be very pleased with the colors. All that learning about colors in knitting has certainly paid off!!!

I made a ring from the leftovers to fit the chrysalis.

It is so nice to create in polymer clay. I will never ever regret learning that. I always go back to it and enjoy every minute.

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to put a message or prayer into your polymer clay pieces! I do the same with my prayer flags; it's out there even though no one will ever see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina Lise!!! So interesting - I really love that you do that!!!

      Delete
  2. En kjempegod idé med å legge inn en tekst på smykkene dine. Fin måte å forsterke en betydning med både fargene, formen og budskap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lone, I so wish I lived closer! I would be buying everything you make ;o) Have a great day my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Stacy - I sure do wish you did!!!!! Simply to see you and give you a hug!!

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of wearing a secret message that only you know about. The colors you chose look very well together, and you are just the smartest one for making a matching ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your site searching for info about my chrysalis, it was formerly of course, a cute little caterpillar I found in my front hall after I brought my plants in overnight when there was a freeze. So I kept it in a caterpillar house in my room and fed it leaves from the plants I found it on and tonight I found it had become a chrysalis after several weeks! I wondered what type it was so was looking it up when I found these lovely necklaces! I was unable to read the language on the link when I clicked on Lori Wilkes, it was some kind of asian letters? Anyway, if you have instructions or a link in English or decide to start selling them again, please let me know! I love them! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo so much Sarah, for sharing such a lovely story!!! I it quite extraordinary to see nature up so close. Thank you for pointing out about the link, seems that the site is no longer active. She has a new updated site. I will let you know of course!!! Thanks again!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!