Monday 26 September 2016

Bottled Up For Knitting

I do not only have yarn stash. I also have a lot of jewelry stash from when I made jewelry from polymer clay. I once bought some tiny vials to use.

When I discovered them again I realised that they will be great stitch markers as well as jewelry.

So, I made a couple to see how they work. One of them is made with one of my wedding photos and tiny glass balls inside.

I added a fresh water pearl and shiny glass beads. It is quite spesial to use this one as I knit a little now.

I also made one for a friend with the blessing inside a long with tiny glass balls as well.

This is one of those stich markers that can stand alone and that works great as a gift.

Not another stitch marker will be alike. I fancy that.

Planing others as well. Found a butterfly wing in the fur of a neighbours cat.

The only thing is that whatever I put inside it has to be tiny. Really tiny. And that is the great fun of it.

The desire to create is one of the deepest 
yearnings of the human soul
Dieter F. Uchtdorf


14 comments:

  1. So beautiful Lone!! I love the one with you and your hubby! And the one you made for your friend, with the blessing inside, is so special! Truly beautiful! Keep being you! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stacy!! I will dear friend. Big hugs back :-)

      Delete
  2. Du hitter da bare på nyt hele tiden. Sjov ide. Med mulighed for at putte noget personligt ned i beholderen. Kreative Lone 😄
    Er strik stadig helt umuligt? 😰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusind tak Anne 😃 Nej, jeg kan strikke mere nu - bare jeg ikke overdriver....

      Delete
  3. looks so special and sacred !
    loved it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja din skabertrang kan i hvert fald ikke sættes i stå ☺ hvor er de bare fine - som sædvanligt meget originalt design. Godt at høre, at du i det mindste strikker lidt igen - håber det er tegn på en bedre skulder ☺ og nej, du har ret - det er ikke godt at være så træt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hva fantastisk ide. Utrolig vakker... med bilde... jeg liker veldig :-)))
    Herlig har du laget, kjære Lone. God torsdag deg. Klem fra Viola

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and very creative! :) Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!