Thursday 25 October 2018

Look: A Scarf Falling From Heaven

I recently had a big clean out in my closet full of knitted scarves and shawls. And it made me think: Where did they come from? And when did I knit these?

Some of them are now going to be sold before christmas by Salvation Army.

The ones that are not sold will be given to people as gifts at christmas.

I love that my knitting can keep other people warm. I should have done this a long time ago.

And what are we doing holding on to so many things? We should give more.

Anyway, this is about some recent knitting. Another assymetric scarf in bright colors.

I love the combination of the colors. It makes them all shine and has a fresh look. A fairly easy-peasy knit.

I increase one stitch on every other row and then start decreasing every 4th row. I increase on one side and change colors on the other.

That way the edges looks so much better. And I have spit spliced every color shift. A little more work and so worth it.

I am really happy about this scarf - especially because the colors are so great together.

The best things in life are not things 
It is the people who make you feel loved and cared for
Unknown

The Stitch Story
Yarn: Rauma Finull
Needles: 3mm
Accessories: Tassels and swarovski crystals
Pattern: Skråplan
My Ravelry Page: Green Stripes




6 comments:

  1. I love that you are paying it forward, your beautiful things are much better shared than aging in your closet. The new scarf is brilliant. Love that last picture of you with the scarf and the fuchsia colored shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beautiful Soul! I love this post! You are so beautiful and I love your knitted creations! They are AMAZING!!! I love the colours in this scarf and in your sweater! Good for you, with what you are doing with your scarves and shawls! I will be honest with you, I came into this house with so many boxes, "when", I leave, it will only be with my clothes! LOL! I have gotten rid of so much stuff and it feels amazing! I feel light! Love you! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stacy - you touch my heart ♥️ So happy you live a light life without things holding you down :-)

      Delete
  3. Er dette bildet SUPER igjen :-))) Hilsen til deg, kjære Lone.
    Jeg elsker fargene hvilke du bruker. Og kanskje jeg kan strikke skjerfet en gang...
    i alle fall drømmer jeg om det :-)
    Klem fra Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk kjære Viola♥️ Kanskje du skulle strikke det :-) Og drømmer kan jo bli virkelige også. Klem tilbake

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!