Wednesday 6 February 2019

Blessing In A Ticker Tape

Norwegian: Writing in norwegian I had to make the letters Æ, Ø, Å as they are not included. Works fine.
For some years I have had this project in my queue. To knit something like this with double pointed needles were simply out of the question. So it was just sitting there until a friend wanted to knit it - and I found the Addi CrasyTrio to help me on the way.

That did not go well - sort of too many things dangling and I finally got hang of magic lopp. I mean, with four meters of knitting that is a lot of trying out. First I tried with KnitPro wooden circular needles. The wire was way too stiff for the magic loop.

Trying Addi CrasyTrio did not go well...
Then I tried my ChiaoGoo lace - and I am never going to knit magic lopp with anything else. Ever! They are the best needles and the cable lays straight no matter how many times you roll it up. It has a nylon coated steel wire. Best knitting needles I have ever tried for this project. I did experience to go op 0.25mm in needles size as I knit magic loop tighter than I did using dpns.

Anyway, I decided to knit the Lords blessing in norwegian. The patterns is fantastic - it comes with the alphabet and one can create the text as wanted.

I am using excel to write the whole text out. Makes it easier to knit. Copy and paste words and letters works perfect - and it did not take a lot of time to get it finished.

It really is a creative design. I just love knitting it and it gets so personal with my own text.

I normally do not use white for my knitting. But this time is different: The color white stands out the most of all colors as it reflex all light and colors. No matter what other color you put beside it - it will take all the attention. In this case that was excatly what I was looking for.

That is why I knit the letters in white, and they stand out perfect. Using white as dominant thread on the letters and blue as dominant on the back of the scarf. I think that made a huge difference for the back of the scarf with a darker dominant color.

I just love knitting this. It has it all: Fun, personal, easy and creative.

Creativity is how I share my soul with the world
Brene Brown

The Stitch Story
Yarn: Rauma Finull
Needles: ChiaoGoo lace for magic loop, 2.75mm
Pattern: Ticker Tape
My Ravelry Page: The Blessing


2 comments:

  1. Spennende.
    Hva et flott prosjekt, kjære Lone. Nydelig med fargene blå og hvit bokstaver.
    Vennligst vis hele bandet i mange bilder :-)) Det ville vært fantastisk :-))
    Takk for LINK.
    Hyggelig søndag fortsatt.
    Ha det gøy. Klem fra Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lone, this is so beautiful and creative! Wow! I love it! Hope you are well! I did e-mail you, awhile ago, to thank you for the cute card! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!