Tuesday 26 May 2020

Keeping Life Going

So many people have huge struggles. And somehow we always say that it is unfair that some have a hard life, while others seem to go clear of obsticals and adversity.

But then, most of us experience hard times, loss of loved ones, getting sick and unable and what not.

 I found the text on my newly knitted scarf summens up my way of dealing with hardships. That doesn't mean everything is easy. But I hold onto it. It keeps life going.


Norwegian text on the scarf.
The world is a harsh place but I find hope from my faith. 

So I knitted this bible verse from Romans 12.12 in norwegian: Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer.

There is so much hope. And there is tribulation. And a way through it all praying. Not very complicated. 


I love knitting these scarves. I have already knitted two before with the blessing on them in different colors. 

Using magic loop with these gorgeous knitting needles called Chiaogoo twist it is a dream just seeing those letters emerge. 

A really genius pattern from which you can use any text you want. This time I used a thicker yarn as the text wasn't that long. 

It is quite heavy but it is nice to wear and warm. Knitting is also something that gives meaning and helps somehow. I have a lot of joy in combining the things that really keeps me going and my knitting. 

I hope you are ok and that you find hope in all the madness in the world. 

The Stich Story
Yarn: Rauma 3-tråds strikkegarn
Needles: 3.5mm
Pattern: Ticker Tape
My Ravelry Page: Sum Of All Things

4 comments:

  1. Du er ferdig med å strikke igjen, kjære Lone ... nydelig.
    Jeg synes det er meditasjon ... strikk fine ord og ha dem med deg. Bliss.
    Ha en dag full av glede ... og mange av dem.
    Klem Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk kjære Viola❤️ Ha en fin dag og uke du også skjønne deg🧡🍀

      Delete
  2. Så utrolig flink du er Lone 💕 💕 💕 skjerfet ble kjempe fint ❤️❤️ å strikke gir ro i sjelen 💝ha en kjempefin søndag vennen min 🌷 💚 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk fine Katrine💜🧡 Ha en flott søndag vennen min🍀❣️💐

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!