Thursday 26 September 2019

How Many Blessing Do You Have?

I think most people would be surprised by how many blessing they have in their life. 

I mean, even if everything is bad there are always something to bring a sun beam into it. If you meassure your life from what others have, their social media shining wonderful self and the constantly demand on being perfect you may think that you have nothing. 

Well, it is all about how we see things. And believe me - most of what we show online is facade.

It may seem perfect, but do you know anyone who is perfect? I have not found anyone yet...

Anyway, I have started counting my blessing every day. And there are a lot. They are not postable in social media.

No climing mountains, achiving large things in work life, being rich or being popular. But they are there with all the light, hope and love.

One of my blessing is that I am able to knit. To transform thread into colorful creations that gives me so much joy wearing.

And they even keep me and others warm from it.

This scarf is one of them. I have knitted another with the same text before.

But I wanted one in my favorite colors. The pattern for the scarf is genius. You simply cast on 36 stitches and knit whatever text or number you want.

I have knitted the Lords blessing yet again. I do not think I can get enough of them... A knitted blessing is 4.5 meters long. I knitted 1.198 rows and 116 letters. It is so much fun to see the scarf grow word for word. Blessing for blessing.

So, will you join me in counting your blessings every day? See life in another way? See what you really have in your daily life and be happy about it? Even the smallest thing matters - at least to me.

Better to lose count while naming your blessings 
than to lose your blessings to counting your troubles
Maltbie Davenport Babrock

The Stitch Story
Yarn: Rauma Finull Pt2
Needles: 2.75mm (magic loop)
My Ravelry Page: Counting Blessings
Pattern: Ticker Tape

10 comments:

  1. Der er gode og trælse dage... heldigvis huskes de gode bedst!
    Der er ikke ide i at sammenligne med andre... vi har alle vores eget udgangspunkt og må konstant finde vejen der fra og ud i livet.
    Mit online liv er tæt på min hverdag. På godt og ondt. Men jeg vælger stadig at fokusere på de gode dage...
    Må din vej gå dig i møde 🎶🎵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk Anne😍 Ja, du er god til at glæde dig over livet. Det er dejligt at se😍

      Delete
  2. It's true even the smallest thing matters, we should all be thankful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beautiful Soul! I love this post and agree with everything you have said! I love your scarf!!!! Amazing!! Actually, I love your entire outfit! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much dear Stacy. You really mase my day❤️

      Delete
  4. Fantastisk kjære Lone. Jeg klemmer deg.
    Ja, jeg ser for meg, du har 36 masker på nålen og strikker bokstav for bokstav,
    ord for ord... med glede i hjertet.
    Ich umarme dich.
    Lieber Gruß von mir. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saying hi! Hope you are well! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you dear Stacy. Hope you are well too. Hugs on the way to you😍

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!