Thursday 11 November 2021

Creation And Wool

What a sight: This is right outside a rented house in Sirevåg. Isn't it just wonderful?

Creation is beyond what I can imagine. The most wonderful creatures, all the growing plants, the sky, the sea and human beings. It is not easy to comprehend how wonderful and perfect every thing is created. 

And often we just pass by. We don't see what is right before our eyes. 

We live in the past, the future or just in dream about how everything should be. 

There is so much beauty, so much to wonder about that we should be amazed every single moment. 

When I was on a holiday this summer in Jæren south west in Norway there were those wonderful sights of the sky and the rainbows. 

And to combine it with a bit of soft wool, knitting needles and a good cup of coffee life was perfect. As perfect it can be in this crazy world.

I have knitted a scarf from the ever lasting pattern Horizon - a suitable name for what you see in the photos. I used some Kauni lace and a soft turquoise mohair. And it is so soft and light. 

I have these pom pom makers from Clover and they are simply essential for pom pom making (no sponsing). I couldn't do without them. Using cardboard is never going to happen again. Making pom poms from lace yarn would have taken from now until forever. Or something like that... LOL!


I remember my holiday with joy. I remember the wonderful people I met. I remember the rainbow, the sunset every evening, the flowers and the deer that past just outside our window. There are so many things about that holiday I will treasure. 

I will leave you with a photo from the sunset. And remember: Those tiny things you see every day in creation is for you to enjoy. 

This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature 
that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the clouds, 
and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
Genesis 9:13

The Stitch Story
Yarn: Kauni lace, Permin Angel mohair
Needles: 3mm
Pattern: Horizon
My Ravelry Page: Hint Of The Sky

10 comments:

  1. Your first and last photographs are stunning.
    So beautiful, and thank you for sharing the verse.

    I enjoyed seeing your knitting too.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much dear Jan❣️ May your days be blessed🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bildene er fantastisk vakre, tusen takk kjære Lone ...
    Norge, mitt land å bli forelsket i ...
    for et flott garn du brukte til ditt nye skjerf, det er en drøm :-) kos deg med din nye vakker sjal og ohne :-)))
    Mange hyggelige hilsener fra Viola.
    Takk for verset, Lone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk kjære Viola. Så snill du er❣️Tenkte du ville like å se litt av landet☀️

      Delete
  4. Thank you-for many reasons I needed to see your post today. Aside from that-you made a beautiful scarf and your photos are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Debra❣️ May your days be blessed🙏

      Delete
  5. Så vakker natur! Takk for at du deler de fine bildene, og også minner oss på å se og undres over det vi ser. Og takk for det fine bibelverset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk Inger Johanne🥰 Så koselig at du likte bloggposten min. Må dine dager være velsignet🙏

      Delete
  6. So beautiful Lone! You are a very special soul!!! Never forget that! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Stacy❤️ So are you. Big hugs back to you my friend❤️

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!