Thursday 8 July 2021

Nothing Like Wool For The Summer

Not a lot of sun or warm weather. We are using umbrellas, rubber boots and looking long and far for a bit of sunshine. But I am not complaining. Oh, I think I just did... LOL! Please sent a bit of summer. Please!!!

Now, this is what I call a perfect summer for using a woolly sweater. I simply fell for the pattern from Sandnes called Mogen. Thick yarn, big needles and a fairly quick knit. 
 
Showing off at a beach in Mandal.
Only thing is that raglan in this kind of sweater is a heavy thing on the needles. Not good for my shoulders. 
 
But raglan is my preferred bind off. It suits me the best and is excellent under a jacket. In this case an rain coat...

I really love the colors of it. The pattern had a photo of an oversized sweater but no mentioning of how to get that. 
 
I would have knitted it a couples of sizes bigger. And I actually did. A new one in red - coming to a blog post near you very soon. Need to get out in between the rain showers.

I used the yarn from the pattern. It is called Fritidsgarn. It has a very lovely feeling to it. Warm and soft after a turn in the washing machine. And it is a nice feeling using a sweater I knitted.
 
It is always a big thing to be so blessed that I can still do that. Although I had to let a lot of creative activity go the past years - I am even more grateful for the things I can actually do. Sometimes less really is more.

So, while I wait for the sun I can keep warm. Not bad at all. I wish for you that your summer is sunny and bright. And the brightest of days may not even have sun in them. It can be a small act of kindness from a stranger, a telephone call from a friend or simply be happy about what is life right now.

A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed
Henrik Ibsen
The Stitch Story
Yarn: Sandnes Fritidsgarn
Needle: 5.5mm, 6mm
Pattern: Mogen by Sandnes
My Ravelry Page: Dreaming of the sea  
No, this is not my boat. Nor do I intend to go sailing... I love the sea, but there are limits. LOL!

12 comments:

  1. You are adorable! LOL! I love your sweater and I love the colour! Well done! I will send you some heat!!!! Big Hugs and happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Stacy💕 I can feel the warmth already cause the sun is out today for the first time this week. Thank you sweetie ☀️🌸💕

      Delete
  2. Lovely sweater. It looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do like your sweater, it is a wonderful colour and really suits you.
    I noticed your shoes too, they are great :)

    We've had a lot of rain today, I'm hoping for some sunny days soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Jan😍 I really hope the sun is out now where you are. Wishing you a lovely summer☀️🌸💕

      Delete
  4. En varm hilsen til deg, kjære Lone. Genseren din er flott. Ja, det ser veldig varmt ut og jeg håper sommeren har kommet for deg og den vakre genseren er i skapet og venter på høsten.
    Kos deg.
    Lag en god tid for deg selv. Klem fra Viola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tusen takk kjære Viola❣️ Her har det vært så nydelig varmt og godt. Så genseren får vente litt. Håper du fik min e-mail? Og at dere har det bra med alt som skjer i Tyskland? Sender en god varm sommerklem til deg🌸☀️💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beautiful Soul! Are you ready for September??? I am! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie🥰 September is lovely. And it’s our month Stacy👍🌟 Are you ready?

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!