Thursday 11 August 2011

Kind Of Black

My little black seahorse on a long leather cord.
I rarely make anything in black. If I use black it´s with other colors. So I´m quite surprised about my recent seahorse. Oh, I had to add a little white to the clay - after all it couldn´t be all black.

I added texture and my letters - I love letters. They can underline things, build countries, give hope and best of all add love to the world we live in.

Oh, I forgot. This was about that seahorse. Well, after curing it was antiqued with white paint, then I heat set the paint and after cooling it needed to be handsanded and hand buffed.

So, there you have it: My black seahorse with disks. I think it looks kind of a black stone that has been used over the years. Or what do you think??

6 comments:

  1. I think the seahorse look wonderful in black! The white details and antiquing are perfect! He looks like a rare beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie - I´m happy you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he looks black and I love him!I agree with Debbie, he looks like a rare beauty ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stacy - I love that rare beauty thought!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is WONDERFUL and stunning in the black!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!