Saturday 24 August 2019

Give Me Stripes


Give me knitting needles, yarn and stripes and the world comes in balance. Or something like that... What is it about stripe knitting that just draw me to it? It is fun to knit, makes a colorful statement and there is some childish joy in it.

And if life is hard stripes ease it up. Just one stripe at the time, one step at the time and just keep those stitches count as blessings in a storm.

This is some rare occasion when I have used white. I normally use it very little unless I need some kind of effect as in this really special scarf.

White is the color that will always dominate, take all the attention and remove balance.

But, I used it anyway this time and I am thrilled about the result.

This is a fun scarf. At least I think so. Really nice to wear and warm. Autumn is coming soon.

Of course, it is knitted in my favourite Rauma Finull Pt2. My design Colorize was just perfect for the color combination.

I got the photos taken on my trip to town to cast my vote in this autumns election. Really important to vote, to knit and stay warm....

Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart
Mencius
The Stitch Story
Yarn: Rauma Finull Pt2
Needles: 3mm
Pattern: Colorize
My Ravelry Page: Red White Blue

10 comments:

  1. It is very pretty and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripes look good :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly beautiful Lone!!!! You look amazing! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stripes og blå - jeg tenker på havet og fiskebåtene. Veldig fint.
    Jeg er glad for å se deg :-))) Hilsener og klem.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk Viola😍 Du gjør meg alltid så glad. God klem tilbake❣️

      Delete
  5. Your scarf looks wonderful with your red coat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!