Sunday 29 March 2020

Knit A Photo

 Is it possible to knit a photo? Or knit the colors from it? Yes, is the answer. I joined a knit along (KAL) for the Shetland Wool week hat. You find the free pattern here

All who participate upload a photo. Then all knitters chose someone elses photo and use colors found in that photo.

It is so much fun. I chose this wonderful photo with a boat in red and orange against a turquoise sky. Not really a surprising color choice - but I simply have to knit in the colors I love. I use Rauma Finull2 for the hat. I dropped a pattern repeat as this yarn is thicker than the original used.

What a fantastic idea. The KAL is hosted by Tori Seierstad on Facebook. I literally jumped out of Corona madness and into my yarn stash to find those colors. The hat is gorgeous and I can't stop knitting.

And what is even more fun - to see the hats of those who use my photo. Very exciting and excellent for keeping my mind on something knitting related in bright colors.

Overthinking is one of the biggest causes for unhappiness
Keep your mind off things that don´t help you think positive
Matt Mayberry

8 comments:

  1. Such lovely colours in your knitting, I like them.
    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg liker fargene...
    Takk for lenken kjære Lone, definitivt har jeg laget en kopi ... bare jeg har en UFO i gang nå. Lua blir veldig fin. Jeg må strikke også :-)))
    En fin hilsen til deg. Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk kjære Viola🥰 Veldig gøy å strikke. Klem til deg🥰

      Delete
  3. Så festlig ide å strikke etter fargen fra et bilde 📸 ❣️👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, det gjorde at jeg virkelig fikk lyst å delta😍

      Delete
  4. So this is how your hat was birthed! What a great idea!
    I love the quotes you use Lone! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!