Tuesday 27 April 2021

It Is Not Even Christmas

Well well well. Just in time for some really cold days and it is not even christmas: May I present my new sweater. I never expected to finish it so fast. But here it is. Although I wish my legs would grow a litte longer. About 10 centimeter to be correct. 

Let me explain. I am a very loose knitter. In fact I normally use one needle size smaller than suggested in every pattern. So I did this time as well. But it seems I knit even looser than before. Does that make me a looser??? Just kidding - LOL!

What is really strange is that I never discovered it before it was too late. I do not unravel unless it is really important. And this was not. And all this "Everything needs to be perfect" is killing all the joy in the world. 

The sweater is a highly modified pattern in which I added a stranded pattern. Garments in one color can give a body shape without shape. If you know what I mean? 

So if you divide it with some stranded pattern, stripes or another color in the right places it will turn out a compliment to your body shape. Just saying...

The sweater is knitted from Rauma Finull Pt2. What is really annoying is that when I finished the sweater it turned out that the dye lot was in different colors. 

Even I made sure the skeins all had the same number. At least I get a replacement - but this annoying color difference will stay on forever. 

But, the stranded pattern does in fact take most of the attention. So who cares? It is like visiting someone and they say: I am sorry I did not get to wash the windows before you came. 

You didn't really see dirty window until it was mentioned. Never tell anyone a mistake. The world will soon enough find one and magnify it. Well, now I have told mine about the sweater. Please, don't tell anyone. LOL!!! 

I actually enjoy wearing it. It is nice and warm. And it is still frost in the nights here - so I get to use it a lot in days to come. 

The greatest mistake a man can ever make is to be afraid of making one
Elbert Hubbard

The Stitch Story
Yarn: Rauma Pt2
Needles: 2.5mm
Addition: Star pattern is from an old pattern called Jærkofta
My Ravelry Page: A Star Is Born
Showing off - nothing more to say about that. LOL!!

17 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I can't see a mistake (colour is great) and your legs are perfect! I love the sweater!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Stacy🥰 Big hugs back to you❤️

      Delete
  2. Looks so good on you! And I love you quote about mistakes - yes, they happen, so what, move on. Enjoy wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good on you! And I love you quote about mistakes - yes, they happen, so what, move on. Enjoy wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Celeste🥰 You are so right: So what. I will🥰

      Delete
  4. Skønne farver, god facon🤩
    Borten er så flot.. Og vel placeret😃
    Den nederste kant med bue kan jeg rigtigt godt lide.
    Kort sagt... Igen et smukt og farveglad strik fra dig💙💛🧡
    Jeg har ikke fundet modet til at vælge de klare farver!
    Måske.. En dag.. 🤞🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusind tak Anne. Det betyder meget når det kommer fra en ekspert🥰 Det er jo aldrig for sent at finde klare farver frem👍

      Delete
  5. Bare fantastisk ... så veldig bra, kjære Lone, genseren din er flott, det er du også. Bra gjort. Takk for de flotte bildene ... hyggelig å se.
    La deg klemme av Viola, i dag blomstret min første tulipan i morgensolen ... rød :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk kjære Viola🥰 Så fantastisk med din første tulipan🌷 Håper du har fått mailer fra meg. Ta vare på deg. Stor klem til deg fine Viola💐

      Delete
  6. Great pictures, love the last one:)
    I like your new sweater too.

    Enjoy these last remaining days of April, May is just around the corner!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Jan🥰 Enjoy spring and warmer days💐🥰

      Delete
  7. Wow, det ble en flott genser, nydelig farge! Tusen takk for hyggelig kommentar på bloggen min, veldig koselig! Ha en fin lørdagskveld snille du!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk kjære deg🥰 Bare hyggelig. Ha en riktig fin kveld du også🥰

      Delete
  8. Beautiful sweater-beautiful model! We still have some cold nights too. It's slowly getting warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Debra🥰 Isn’t it just wonderful that spring is just round the corner🪴❣️

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you dear Stacy. Hugs right back to you my friend💗

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!